Saturday, October 20, 2012

DRUGSTORE HAUL!! ft. NYC !

  Hey!

I was recently in need of some new face products, some powders, liners, the normal everyday stuff etc... So being that I didn't feel like spending 10.00 + on just translucent powder I decided to give NYC a go. I must say, I am pleasantly surprised with the quality of their product. I picked up alot of different items and for the price I paid in total, around $23.00, It definitely exceeded my expectations.

                                                                          :What I Got:
                                   NYC Smooth Skin Pressed Face Powder in Warm Beige $3.99
                                   NYC Smooth Skin Pressed Face Powder in Translucent $3.99
                              NYC Sun 'n' Bronze Bronzing Powder in Hamptons Radiance $4.99
                                                         NYC Cover Stick in Light $2.99
                3 NYC Kohl EyeLiner Pencils in 921 Jet Black, 924 In The Navy and 926 White $.99 ea
                                         NYC Automatic EyeLiner Pencil in 831 Basic Black $1.99
                                          NYC Browser Brush On Brow Kit in 876 Brunette $2.99
     

     
                                                          *prices vary per store/location*

The face powders feel creamy and light weight. They blend beautifully and match my skin tone perfectly. They are both in black compacts with large mirrors.
                                                  Warm Beige                      Translucent

The bronzer is a perfect creamy powder that also goes on light weight, has a slight shimmer and is not the "orangey" bronzer I usually come across. I am very fair and most bronzers are too dark and heavy for my tone but this one is just perfect. :)
The part I love most is that the different colored strips can be used all together for one blended color or they can be used separately for a highlight or contour. I have also been using them as a quick on the go summer look using, the lightest shade on my brow bone, the pink one on my lid and the dark one in my crease! It's a great alternative to carrying a lot of different eyeshadows when your in a hurry!

The cover stick is the only problematic one I can find in the bunch. The color matches me fine, but its slightly dry. It doesn't blend as well as some other concealers I have, but it works just fine for a on the go solution to dark circles. I love that its like a lipstick tube so it doesn't take up much space. 


The liners are all creamy and really pigmented. They go on smooth and are easily "smudgeable" for a smoky look, but the tip is fine so they can also create fine lines. The navy is my favorite, it has a little shimmer in it and it flatters my hazel eyes.
 I haven't has the chance to use this one yet, but from my swatches it is not as creamy as the pencil liners, I think I'll throw this is my bag and use it when I need touch ups.

                                                   swatches below.. with and without flash
                                           -Jet Black- In The Navy-White and -Basic Black-


 This brow kit is great. I have always been using shadows from my BH Palettes but I have been wanting something I can take with me when I need to. I have stress alopecia in my eyebrows so this helps me because I prefer to use shadows instead of a pencil to fill my brows. The light cream you see on the right is a sort of brow "gel". It works well and definitely keeps the brows in place all day long. I use a brush to apply it, I think your supposed to use your finger but I find a brush to be more precise. This kit also come with a tiny tweezer which is super convenient and it is actually a really awesome tweezer! It also has a small brush that is for the shadow but it is a little too fluffy for me, I have used my own brushes, but it does work well.

All in all the price of these products are definitely worth it! They are all long lasting and despite the low price tag, they can all compete with the more high price items at the drugstore! I say give them a shot!

Thanks so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed!
<3DianaMarie
*blows glitter kisses*





1 comment:

  1. Cute haul!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love all the eyeliner colors!
    Follow me? chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
    -Jen <3

    ReplyDelete